Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Let's Go Camping!

Bwhahahaha! Bet you thought this was a post about camping! Uh, no. I don't do that. I let my husband take care of that one. I was talking about something way better: summer camps. 


Some people call them sanity savers. It's pretty win-win for all of you- kids get to do something fun & you get much needed break. Personally, I'm not a big camp-signer-upper. Main reason: it's super expensive to put 3 kids in camp. The other reason is that I like to be a free spirit in the summer. We're so incredibly scheduled during the school year that I like having nothing to do in the summer. I feel like it's everyone's time to relax & unwind. 


BUT, it isn't all about me over here & I know some of you are interested in what's out there. So when my son's teacher emailed me a list of summer camps, I decided to check them out. Below is a list of what she sent & a quick summary of what you're getting in to. Hope this helps you find an awesome fit for your kiddo!


* This is a listing for camps in the Cincinnati area. If you're outside of this area, sorry :( I don't have a staff so I can't help you. If you're reading this & have camps that you know about in your area, feel free to send them my way & I'll share! confessionsofapreschoolmom@gmail.com

**Also, I have no personal experience with 95% of these camps listed; if you have questions or need references please visit their websites. Please be responsible when choosing a camp for your child & make sure the staff has background checks & are operating in a manner that is safe for your child. Ask questions now rather than right before...

Phew! That was a lot of explaining. Let's get to it!

If I had to slap a label on these camps I'd call them "educational" or "enrichment". There's a variety out there, hope you find something that works for you! 
While I'm at it, I'd like to plug a few free or 'free-ish' camps that my local church offers: MAD Camp (music, art & drama) for grades 1-6 & the ever popular VBS (Vacation Bible School) for grades K-6. Check it out: http://www.ccmason.org/index.asp click events to register. Both of these are "awesome!" (kid quote)

Happy Camping!

Share your favorite camps with me on Twitter @preschoolmomma or via email confessionsofapreschoolmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to share? Leave a comment!