Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hey, I Can Use That: Kiddy Timer


Welcome to Summer!

Summer is my favorite time of year. I love the sun, the lack of schedule, not having to pack lunch everyday... can I get an AMEN?

Summer can also be a challenge, especially with the kiddos so I decided to bring you a week of things that you can actually use to make your life... wait for it... Easier! I'm calling this week, "Hey, I Can Use That" and yes, my goal is to give you a post daily this week. I'm attacking summer head-on. Here we go!

The folks over at LimeFuse asked me to take a look at a couple of apps they've developed to help parents. I LOVE a good app & these didn't disappoint.

Kiddy Timer

This app is a timer that helps you keep track of time-outs & tooth brushing. I am guilty of "forgetting" that I put a child in time-out and this app helps keep you in check.  You can customize it for each child & set the timers accordingly. 



                                     

When you're ready to go, hit the check-mark & it'll take you to this screen. 


                                     

Here, you can chose either time-out or toothbrush. Pick a side & then the timer starts counting down for you. The time-out timer is silent, chirping when it's finished, but the toothbrush side plays fun music while it counts down. I love the thought that's gone into this- you don't want fun music with a time-out :)

Now, if I could only get them to stop biting their toothbrushes...

This app is free for both the App Store (ipad & iphone) & Google Play . You can upgrade to add more kids or to get rid of the adds that scroll along the bottom. If you do add more children, you can view & run timers for up to 4 children at once; pretty nice for bedtime.

This app seems to be mostly for the preschool crowd. I don't really send my big kids to time-out anymore, though everyone could use a reminder with tooth brushing for sure. I'd love to see other features added to this app, like a timer you can customize & use for video games. Or TV time or really anything you'd want to set limits... 

Overall? Like it, would use it, worth the upgrade if you have multiple little ones. 
*side note: I noticed that you have to press the buttons longer than I anticipated to change the settings. That's a freebie ;) Just didn't want you to think that it wasn't working! 


Foot Rules

The other app LimeFuse asked me to take a look at was Foot Rules. This one is designed to measure your child's feet so you know what size shoe to purchase without having to take your little darling to the store with you! You basically line up your child's foot with the foot on the screen and then move to bar to end of your child's toe. The app then tells you what size shoe to purchase.


This app is also designed for the preschool & under crowd, since an ipad is only so long. I felt like it was pretty accurate for my toddler's little foot. It has a $.99 price tag- steep, right? (ha, ha) This app is for ipad & ipad2 only.

 I could have used this a few years ago when I was dragging 2 toddlers & an infant over to Stride Right. (shudder)
*side note: there's a big warning sign but I felt like it was worth mentioning as well. Do Not let your child stand on your ipad, it will break & this app works just fine when sitting. Yikes.

Thanks, LimeFuse for letting me try out your fun stuff & kick off my "Hey, I Can Use That" week of posts!

Welcome Summer!

Ahhhhhhhhh

tweeting, tweeting @preschoolmomma 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Joy! We're currently working on an upgrade for Kiddy Timer with more timers for different activities in addition to timeout/toothbrush. Stay tuned!

    P.S. Miller is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Something to share? Leave a comment!