Thursday, August 22, 2013

5 Signs It's the 1st Week of School


Well, we made it through the first week!

Here are 5 signs that it's the 1st week of school:

1. You've logged more consecutive hours at the bus stop in 3 days than you will all year.

Have you been doing the obligatory bus stop wait? I'll keep showing up until the first frost. After that, these kids are on their own ;) 

2. You're halfway through a new book of checks already.

How many checks have you written this week? School fees, lunch accounts, class t-shirts, the list goes on & on...

3. You have no idea what you've done this week but you're exhausted.

I am tired like no other this week, yet I can't tell you what I've been doing all day. My house is still a wreck but I haven't stopped moving. What have I done? Maybe I should keep a log... on second thought, maybe I shouldn't ;)

4. You had that Holy Crap! Tomorrow is Friday! moment. 

That happened to me as I was brushing my teeth last night. Wait, tomorrow is Friday? Wow, what have I done all week?

5. Your child actually says to you, "Mom, I think I'm acting this way because I'm just so tired."

True story. 

So, I took his advice and put that whiney kid to bed. I love him, but you can only stand so much.

It's the first week of school. Enjoy your well deserved weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to share? Leave a comment!